1. The Home Tab is simply not loading, or has stopped loading. It can happen for many different reasons. The first two I will cover are; you can open the tab and the stream will load, but if you click on a mod, nothing happens. This is where the stream does not load because of your Internet speed, and the second reason is the stream does not load because of a problem with your Tab. The third reason is the stream does not load because of a problem with your computer.
Hey guys! I’m an avid twich viewer, and recently I had the annoying problem of the Twitch mods tab not loading with the Chat functionality broken, and it was driving me nuts. Luckily, it was a easy fix, and I’ll share with you my solution in this blog, without having to pay for the game developer’s overpowered solution.
The number one platform for those who choose to stream is Twitch. Whether it’s gaming, education, tutorials or even talk shows, Twitch is the place to be. Besides just streaming and uploading content, on Twitch you can also use mods for different games like Minecraft and WoW. But sometimes the Mods tab in Twitch won’t load. And here we are with a guide to solve the Twitch Mods tab that doesn’t load. Twitch is a large platform with over 2.2 million content creators and 15 million active users. The platform is becoming an increasingly important source of income for many streamers. Since it’s software, there can always be problems with it, which brings us to today’s topic: how to fix Twitch mods that won’t load. This error may occur and you do not know what to do. There can be many reasons for this error, for example, bad installation, problems with the firewall or even problems with the Internet connection. Here we will discuss some ways to solve the problem of Twitch mods not working on Windows.
Solution for not loading mods for Twitch
Method 1: Twitch output
The first and most important thing you need to do is log out and log back in to your Twitch account. Logging out is pretty simple, and here’s how. to log in again:
- First, open the Twitch desktop application.
- Select the menu icon in the top left corner of the application.
- Now choose File and then Exit.
- After you close Twitch, close the application and restart it.
- Here you see the login screen.
- Enter your username and password to log in.
Alternative measures :
- Open the Twitch desktop application.
- Click on your profile icon on the right.
- Now choose Logout from the drop down menu.
- After you close Twitch, close the application and open it again.
- On the login screen, enter your username and password to log back into Twitch.
This should help solve the problem of the Twitch Mods tab not working. If that didn’t work, don’t worry, we have a few other methods. Then take the next step.
Method 2: Starting Twitch as administrator
Some programs require administrator rights to open and run correctly. And if it is not opened as an administrator, the program may have trouble starting up and running properly. This also applies to the Twitch application. There are two ways to run Twitch as an administrator. Steps to run Twitch as an administrator :
- On your desktop, select the Twitch application and right-click on it.
- In the context menu, simply select Run as administrator.
- A dialog box will appear asking if you want to run the selected program as an administrator; click Yes.
- And Twitch is open with administrator privileges.
Alternative measures :
- Go to the folder where you installed the Twitch desktop application.
- Locate the Twitch.exe file, right click on it and select Properties.
- When the Properties window opens, select the Compatibility tab.
- Here you should see the Run this program as administrator checkbox.
- Check the box, click Apply, and then click OK.
- And now the Twitch app opens as an administrator every time.
Learn how to run Twitch on a Windows 10 computer as an administrator. This should help with the situation where the Mods tab won’t load in the Twitch app.
Method 3: Delete data from Twitch application
If some programs are not loading or opening properly because of a new update that may have caused the problem, or even because the files are corrupt, the best way is to delete the data from the application. This ensures that corrupt or unreadable files are deleted and new files are created when the application or program is restarted. Follow the steps below to clear the data from the Twitch application.
- Press the Windows key and the R key simultaneously. This opens the Run dialog box.
- In the Run window, simply type %Appdata% and click OK.
- The File window opens. In this window, find the Twitch folder.
- Open the Twitch folder and press Ctrl and A simultaneously to select all files.
- Now just press the Delete key to erase all data.
- Close the window and restart Twitch.
This should load the Mods tab of your Twitch app. And the new data is saved in the application’s data folder.
Method 4: Installing the .NET Framework
The .NET Framework is a software development framework that helps you run and create software on Windows operating systems. Many programs require the .Net framework and all of its latest versions to be installed for optimal functionality. This could be one of the reasons why your Twitch mods tab is not loading. To fix this, you can install the framework manually. Download the latest version of the .Net Framework from the official Microsoft website. Then start the installation program and follow the instructions of the installation wizard. This should solve the problem of Twitch not loading mods.
Method 5: Check firewall settings
The Windows firewall is where problems with Twitch mods not loading properly can occur. In fact, only software that has access to the firewall gets access to the Internet and protection from network threats. Here’s how to give Twitch access to the firewall.
- Press the Windows key to bring up the Start menu and type Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel search box on the right, type Defender Firewall.
- In the search results, select Allow application through Windows Firewall.
- When the window opens, select the Edit Settings button on the right.
- Now scroll down to the Twitch app and select Private and Public Network, then press OK.
- You must reboot the system for the changes to take effect.
Allowing access to Twitch through the Windows firewall should solve the problem of Twitch not downloading mods.
Method 6: Reinstalling Twitch
Frankly, there’s no doubt about it, and that’s exactly what anyone would do if they had a problem with the software they were using and other methods didn’t work. Uninstalling and reinstalling Twitch is pretty easy.
- Open the Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
- You will now see a list of programs installed on the system. Find Twitch and right click on it, then select Uninstall. You can also double-click on Twitch to uninstall the program.
- Now click here to download the Twitch for Windows installer.
- Once the download is complete, install the software and connect to Twitch.
- The mod should now be visible in the desktop application.
Reinstalling the software can still help solve problems, such as. For example, if the Twitch Mods tab doesn’t load or if some other problem occurs. If this doesn’t help, try the next step.
Method 7: Running Twitch in Windows Safe Mode
Windows safe mode is one of the best ways to determine what is causing your software to stop working. The culprit could still be another program interfering with the twitch, or a driver update interfering with the software. In any case, it is best to start the computer in Safe Mode and check these steps. Here’s how to boot into safe mode on Windows.
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Type MSConfig to open the system configuration window.
- Select Secure Boot and the Network radio button.
- Click OK to restart the system in safe mode.
- Check if Twitch can load your mods or not.
If you are still experiencing the problem of Twitch app mods not loading, just format your system, install a fresh copy of Windows 10, then install Twitch to see if the mods load now. The Twitch mod should now load and work as usual. Here’s the guide to fix the Twitch Mods tab not loading on your PC. I hope the above methods will work in your case. Check it out:
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fix twitch not loading mods?
We all know the frustration of trying to load mods in the Twitch.TV client, but with 7 different methods, a forum post, and a guide all for you to choose from, we’ve got you covered! The Twitch community has been hit by a recent increase in the number of people who don’t know how to properly install mods on their Twitch channel. This can cause a lot of problems for the users of the channel, so we have decided to give you the best methods to fix Twitch Mods Tab Not Loading problems.
How do you get the mod tab on twitch?
The TwitchMods.com is a place where you can find the mods you need to use for your favorite service, like OBS or Oxide. There are tons of mods for Twitch, and Twitchmods.com makes finding your favorite mods easier than ever. The Twitch.tv app is a free streaming platform with millions of monthly users. It’s a great way to watch live streams, video games, and eSports. The Twitch API (Application Programming Interface) is full of features. We are going to explore them by modifying the Twitch.tv app. On the Twitch API page, we’ll find the “Mod Tools” tab.